Sunday, November 7, 2010

More Visitors

Not long after Luke and Dana left, my cousin Meredith came to visit. Let's just say I have been quite spoiled here with visitors :) Meredith came the Thursday after Luke and Dana left so I wasn't lonely too long. Unfortunately I couldn't meet her at the airport so I gave her step by step directions on how to get to my place, and she found it like a champ! She was even more of a trooper and came to school with me the next day!! The kids loved it and it was really fun for her to see what my days consist of. She made it through my kindy schedule then she started to crash so she went home before the after school started. Once I got home from work, she had taken a bit of a nap and then we went to get some food. This was her first "real" Korean meal. It wasn't anything too special, just a typical bib im bop restaurant, but she enjoyed it. After that, she was pretty jet legged so we just had a low key night and got rested up.

The weekend was great because we got to spend a lot of time together and see Seoul. I took her to the great tourist places in Seoul, the great palace, a temple, and of course shopping!! It was a long day and we were both pretty tired by the time we got home. We were going to go back into Seoul for dak gaulbi but we were way too tired and we just hung around Bundang for the night. Sunday we got up and went to the Korean Folk Village, and even though I have been there 4 times, it is always fun! Meredith had a great time seeing the Korean culture and of course there was more shopping!

Since I didn't have a week off like I did when Luke and Dana came, she had to explore Seoul on her own during the week. She did a lot on her own and saw a ton of the city. She saw World Cup stadium, the Korean War museum, went to the DMZ, walked the Seoul Fortress Wall, and went to Olympic Park. I was really happy she got to do so much even though I couldn't be with her. Saturday came all too fast and it was time for her to go.

I couldn't believe how fast the time went by when I had visitors. It was so wonderful to have family and friends be able to visit and see what my life is like her. Sure, I can try to describe it and you can see pictures, but it's so different when you get to see it first hand. Once again, saying good bye brought lots of tears. I really think saying good bye the second time is really harder than the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment