Sunday, February 28, 2010

Finally getting settled

We were finally able to leave our hotel and get into our apartments last night!! I had to fight with my bags in order to get everything re-packed but I successfully got everything back in. It will be another story when I move home! I'll have to ship about 5 packages home before I leave just to get it all back.

It was a little frustrating last night after we were able to move in. We were told they would clean the apartments but the people who cleaned mine were either blind or handicapped! I think all they did was sweep and maybe run a rag over a few things. I spent the better part of 3 hours scrubbing the floor and cleaning the kitchen! Let me tell you who's not getting 30,000 WON taken out of their paycheck for the cleaning deposit!! That was ridiculous! Nevertheless it was nice to finally have a home. I finally took something out of a suitcase around midnight. As stressful as packing my life in three bags was, it was equally as overwhelming to unpack my life! I was surprised at the amount of stuff I was actually able to fit in those bags. Slowly the things were started coming together. I had finally gotten my sheets out and made my bed and unpacked the necessary things I needed to go to bed. I finally stopped unpacking and organizing around 3am and decided I should probably get some sleep. I was only able to sleep for about 5 hours and I was up again unpacking and getting ready for my first skype date with my parents!

It was wonderful to finally be able to see my parents and brothers and Toby!! Apparently he was
crying because he wanted to come to Korea to see me (Toby was crying not PJ)! Break my heart! It's hard to see everyone and not be able to be with them but it definitely helps the homesickness. And although I've only been here a week, it's getting easier to be away from home. There are a few things that will take some time to get used to though. 1.) Not having a dryer! 2.) Seeing octopus in the grocery store. 3.) Not flushing toilet paper. 4.) Taking my shoes off as soon as I enter a building. 5.) Bowing when I say hello and good-bye.

I'll get some pictures of my place up soon.

1 comment: